Monday, November 20, 2006

Cartilage and Teeth.

Special moments are only so to those who feel involved.
Want to know something?
Great White Sharks are carried as eggs inside the mother, fertilized by the father using special flippers and then hatch inside the mother. There is no placenta or umbilical cord in there, so the newly hatched little sharks eat each other and any unfertilized eggs. Then the few survivors are born into the sea, ready to kill. This would explain why they are so mean! Hahah! Sharks are a very interesting creature. I could go on and on with cool shark stuff, but this main idea is that sometimes what we are is not only misunderstood, but the reasons for the properly understood traits might be deeper than we thought.
Heck.
I love sharks. They are cool. I am also sort of afraid of sharks. I had this sort of premonition that a shark would eat me. That was the way I would die. But then I joined the army and I remember thinking as we were training in a pool that, well, I might get shot but at least I will not be eaten by a shark. I felt like I had changes my destiny.
Then I switched over to the navy. And bingo. Now I spend a lot of time on the sea, and I know there are sharks around. I see the water, dark and powerful at night, and I can imagine what it would be like to be bobbing out there, in the cool embrace. And just waiting for that first nudge. Shivers. That sand paper skin sliding by you, so sleek and slinky. Unchanged for a hundred million years. Super killer. All speed and teeth. I wonder if I would have time to feel fear through the amazement and the excitement. Then the first bite. Maybe the only one, as the shark tried to decide if I tasted good enough. Just the get the blood flowing. To bleed me out. What a way to go.
In other news, all is chaotic. The worse feeling in my sheltered, safe, easy, nearly empty life is when I know I am not in the equation. When I am not in the main thoughts of those I think about. So evil. It is like some weird vampiric quality. To live off of the emotions of others. Love. Hate. Hell, it almost doesn’t matter. Just the attention. How pathetic is that?
So I wonder. And I think. And I know, as much as I know anything else, that the world has many a strange turn left to show. That is comforting. Either another brush with closeness and a few smiles which matter, or a quiet swim with some old buddies, hee hee. Whatever. I Just Want More Still.