Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ta Ta


This is about a woman.
Not just any woman. Oh No!
A special one. Or at least that is how the story goes…
I first heard tell of her adventures a while back, I reckon.
And like any man when encountering such stories I was intrigued.
There was lustful action, tender admissions, and genuine humor.
So I spent some time, wandering from one tale to another,
Trying to get the full picture of this phantom like lady.
I tracked down hints.
There was a time when I caught a glimpse of her eyes, only to have the rest
Disappear.
Her lips would hiss in my minds ear, maybe in passing, and when I really looked,
There was nothing else.
Like some sultry ghost, she teased me as she had others with half-truths
With just enough to make you want more.
And that was really the start of it all.
The wanting.
Looking back, I should have sensed the warnings. But I didn’t.
Never do.
It might have been worse if I had, and shied away for lack of dare,
Only to be besieged by the missed possibilities.
So, I did trudge on. I traveled and I tracked.
And eventually, I found her.
Real. In the flesh.
But that was a while ago, and it wasn’t enough.
So now again I live with shadows and I listen
To what sounds like laughter
From across a great distance.
And I think, when alone, of hot moments
When I might not be so.